The West Lafayette Public LIbrary is seeking one part time (3 to 6 hr per week), high energy, service-oriented individual to provide library programming and services for young adults (12-18).
- Associate degree required, higher degree preferred
- Must be willing to work evening and weekend hours as teen programs require
- Must enjoy working with teens
- Clean background check
Skills: Strong customer service attitude, high energy, creativity, professionalism, excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), ability to maintain good relations with staff and public, initiative, comfortable with ALL age groups, team player.
In addition, the candidate(s) must have expertise and proficiency with computers and computer equipment, working knowledge of basic office applications and the Internet, including databases and social networking sites.
Salary: Begins at $15.00/hr
Duties of the teen services' librarian include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and host monthly Teen Advisory Board (TAB) meetings
- Work with the TAB and library staff to:
- plan, publicize and present quarterly teen programs
- identify suitable teen volunteer opportunities
- produce $500.00 or more net proceeds from fund raising activities per year. Net proceeds to be used for teen programs.
- plan, publicize and produce the annual Teen Summer Reading program
- Work with other librarians to purchase materials for the teen collections
- Partner with West Lafayette community high schools to produce at least one cultural program per year
- Supervise teen programs and volunteers
- Reports to the Computer and Reference Librarian
- Physical labor: lifting boxes of books, pushing book carts, bending & stooping