The West Lafayette Public Library is a member of Evergreen Indiana, a consortium of over 100 public libraries throughout Indiana.
As a patron of an Evergreen Indiana member library you are able to:
- Check out up to 100 items at any one time
- Check out most items for three weeks
- Check out "new books" for two weeks
- Check out DVDs for one week
Fines for overdue materials are 25 cents per day per item
Checked out items may be renewed at the Library in person, by phone, or online
You can print wirelessly from your laptop, smartphone or other device to the Ricoh printer/copier on the 2nd floor by following the steps below:
2) In a few seconds the dialog box will display your release code.
3) Press the printer button on the keypad (look for the red arrow ).
4) Deposit $0.10/page for black & white prints and $0.25/page for color prints.
Wireless access to the Internet is available to our patrons. The network’s name is WL-Library. It is an open network, and as such there is no security for your computer. You are responsible for the security of your own machine.
Interested in your safety? Read the tips below.
Information on Wi-Fi and Guest Printing
Top 10 Security Tips for Public Hotspots (from /www.jiwire.com)
- Make sure you're connected to a legitimate access point.
- Encrypt files before transferring or emailing them.
- Use a virtual private network (VPN).
- Use a personal firewall.
- Use anti-virus software.
- Update your operating system regularly.
- Be aware of people around you.
- Use Web-based email that employs secure http (https).
- Turn off file sharing.
- Password-protect your computer and important files.
The West Lafayette Public Library offers wireless internet service throughout its two story building. Access to the internet is also available in the library through direct cable connections. Please ask library reference staff if you need assistance with either of these free services.
In addition there are 13 public computers for adult use, 3 computers for young adults ages 12-17, and 9 computers in the children's area designated for children and their caregivers.
Computer use to the public computers is limited to a single use of no more than 90-minutes per day. A user's account must be in good standing in order to be eligible for computer use privileges.
Use of the Library's public wireless service is not restricted by time of use.
For further information concerning computer use, please refer to the West Lafayette Public Library's Public Computer Use Policy.