The West Lafayette Public Library is a member of Evergreen Indiana, a consortium of over 100 public libraries throughout Indiana.
As a patron of an Evergreen Indiana member library you are able to:
- Check out up to 100 items at any one time
- Check out most items for three weeks
- Check out "new books" for two weeks
- Check out DVDs for one week
Fines for overdue materials are 25 cents per day per item
Checked out items may be renewed at the Library in person, by phone, or online
You can print wirelessly from your laptop, smartphone or other device to the Ricoh printer/copier on the 2nd floor by following the steps below:
1) Upload your print job to www.printeron.net/ricoh/504536
2) In a few seconds the dialog box will display your release code.
3) Press the printer button on the keypad (look for the red arrow ).
4) Deposit $0.10/page for black & white prints and $0.25/page for color prints.
Wireless access to the Internet is available to our patrons. The network’s name is WL-Library. It is an open network, and as such there is no security for your computer. You are responsible for the security of your own machine.
Interested in your safety? Read the tips below.
Information on Wi-Fi and Guest Printing
Top 10 Security Tips for Public Hotspots (from /www.jiwire.com)
- Make sure you're connected to a legitimate access point.
- Encrypt files before transferring or emailing them.
- Use a virtual private network (VPN).
- Use a personal firewall.
- Use anti-virus software.
- Update your operating system regularly.
- Be aware of people around you.
- Use Web-based email that employs secure http (https).
- Turn off file sharing.
- Password-protect your computer and important files.
- Library services start with the traditional book lending which, today, includes lending DVDs, CDs, audiobooks and more;
- continue with reference services to answer questions and show how to use computers and other technology;
- expand outside the Library to bring services to our friends who are homebound or visit some of our area day care centers or by visiting the West Lafayette Farmer's Market.
- We also help with distance learning by providing computers to use and proctoring services
- Wi-fi access is available in the Library building: WL-Library
- Wi-fi printing is also available with Ricoh hotspots
- Meeting rooms for the public are available for Library patrons in good standing to reserve
- Check the calendar for room availability