Welcome! The West Lafayette Public Library is intended for the educational, recreation, and informational enjoyment of the West Lafayette community.
All residents of Tippecanoe County may receive a free library card upon proper application and observance of the Library’s rules and policies. Residents of other areas of Indiana are invited to use the Library and may apply for a library card under certain circumstances. Please see the Information or Circulation Desk staff for more information.
THESE ARE THE RULES / EXPECTATIONS of PERSONS VISITING the W.L. PUBLIC LIBRARY:
- Library users are expected to maintain appropriate public behavior when on library grounds.
- Conduct of any kind which disrupts the normal functioning of the library will not be tolerated.
- Noise levels should be kept to a minimum while in the library. Cell phones can be used only when they will not disrupt other patrons using the Library. Recommended areas for use are the Library’s meeting rooms (when not being used for meetings), and entry vestibules.
- Children should not be left unattended in the Library. A parent or guardian should be present to care for all children at all times.
- Solicitation for personal gain or for a charitable cause is prohibited. Posters for legitimate charitable causes may be posted if they are approved in advance by the Library Director.
- Smoking is not permitted in any area of the library.
- Loitering in the library is prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed in the library without prior approval by the library director. This does NOT apply to “seeing eye” and other “service dogs.”
- Personal cleanliness is expected of all users of the library.
- Sleeping is not allowed in the Library.
- Patrons may not leave personal items unattended for extended periods of time.
- Rules for borrowing materials from the library may be obtained at the circulation desk.
- The Library and staff are not responsible for personal items which are lost or damaged in the Library.
If you fail to abide by these rules you may be asked to leave the library.