Hosted at the West Lafayette Public Library on Friday, August 8
the 2014 Donor Reception begins at 6:30 pm with music, wine,
beverages, & hors d’oeuvres
A lively moderated discussion will follow at about 7:15 pm.
Your comments and ideas are welcomed!
Guests are welcome
Library Foundation Board Members: Nancy Dunn, President Tetia Lee, Secretary Nick Schenkel, Treasurer Zachary Baiel Mark Davis Jill May Michael Oxenrider
West Lafayette Public Library Foundation Donor,
Books remain a mainstay of the West Lafayette Library yet our Library fosters creativity and intellectual curiosity in many other ways too. Our Library features performers and artists, works with community organizations and hosts local film series and lectures to expand our community’s love of reading and inquiry the year ‘round.
Here’s how our Library Foundation has supported these salutary efforts since we wrote to you in 2012…..
- The West Lafayette Public Library Foundation has donated nearly $16,000 in vital matching funds for the Library’s grant initiatives and to help the Library expand its book, audio, visual, and online collections
- Joined with the Tippecanoe Arts Federation in funding Family Fun Day to welcome over 400 children, teens and adults to our Library this Fall
- Funded new library collection initiatives including FREEGAL - music downloads from your Library and expanded eBook access – our eBook circulation is now averaging 600 checkouts each month
- Helped fund the Library’s membership with Evergreen Indiana, bringing in thousands of books for our library’s readers – of ALL ages - from Evergreen Indiana’s one hundred + member libraries
- Continued our Foundation’s informative series of conversations with our friends and supporters
- Continued to build an endowment of $1 million. The WL Library Foundation invests over $525,000 annually
To celebrate our 90th birthday, we’re asking you to invest in our Library’s summer author visits initiative– a multi-day series of programs to spark reading, curiosity and life-long learning among community youth. Through this effort, we hope to secure the funds to provide services for the next 90 years and beyond.
Your support for any of our Library Foundation Funds is appreciated and welcome! Your donation will continue to be invested with the donations of others to make a real difference in our community library’s growth.
Nancy Dunn, President Nick Schenkel, Treasurer
West Lafayette Public Library Foundation Board Members
Nancy Dunn, President Nick Schenkel, Treasurer Board Members: Mark Davis Tetia Lee Michael Logan Jill May Michael Oxenrider
Donations to the West Lafayette Public Library Foundation are tax deductible under IRS ruling 501(c)3
Donations of books, music, movies, magazines, etc. are accepted any time during library hours. Please ask, for assistance, at the information desk, in the front of the library, when you arrive.
Other ways to support the library are available, including monetary donations and gifts. Visit the support section of our website for more information.
Personal papers and other materials of local historical interest may be accepted for our archive. Click here for more information if you are interested in donating items to the WLPL Archives.
Unpaid internships for students interested in librarianship may be available.
Events are color coded: GREEN are library events; BLUE are children's library events; PURPLE are community events; TEAL are Dig•Me reservations (also see Dig•Me calendar below); RED are One Great Read Events; and ORANGE are library closings.
Dig•Me Media Center Use Request Form You may also call the library at 765-743-2261 to request the Dig•Me Media Center. See the Dig•Me calendar below for available times.
We are open to the public:
- Monday through Thursday* 10 am to 8 pm
- Friday 10 am to 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am to 5 pm
- Sunday 1 pm to 5 pm
*4th Thursday of each month Noon to 8 pm
The Library is closed on the following holidays:
New Year's Day; Easter Sunday; Memorial Day; 4th of July; Labor Day; Thanksgiving; Christmas Eve; Christmas; and New Year's Eve.