The library is located on the corner of Chauncey and Columbia Street in Chauncey Village in downtown West Lafayette. The library has a parking garage Columbia St. from the library to make parking and access easy for library patrons.
West Lafayette Public Library
208 West Columbia
West Lafayette, IN 47906
The library has book drops where you can return books and other checked out items 24/7:
- On the East side of the Library building (on Chauncey Street)
- In front of the Payless Supermarket on West Sagamore Parkway
- Outside the Kurz Purdue Technology Center building in Research Park (Monday - Friday pick-up)
You can return any materials at any of these three locations any time of the day or night.
Located 2 blocks from the Purdue Memorial Union
A — Stop served by CityBus campus loops (firehouse stop)
B — Stop served by CityBus regular routes
C — Stop served by all CityBus routes/loops
Courtesy of www.GoCityBus.com
Parking free for Library visitors only
It’s quick and easy to obtain an Evergreen Indiana Library card with the West Lafayette Public Library.
Please bring the following information with you when you come to the Library to apply for your new card:
- A government issued picture ID with your current local address on it
- A government issued picture ID and
- Proof of your local residence such as a:
- Voter's registration card
- Car registration
- Lease or dorm contract
- Property tax statement
- Utility bill (telephone, gas, electric, water, etc.) issued within the last 60 days
- Bank statement issued within the last 60 days
Effective December 17, 2009
It pays to return on time
Hosted at the West Lafayette Public Library on Friday, August 8
the 2014 Donor Reception begins at 6:30 pm with music, wine,
beverages, & hors d’oeuvres
A lively moderated discussion will follow at about 7:15 pm.
Your comments and ideas are welcomed!
Guests are welcome
Library Foundation Board Members: Nancy Dunn, President Tetia Lee, Secretary Nick Schenkel, Treasurer Zachary Baiel Mark Davis Jill May Michael Oxenrider
West Lafayette Public Library Foundation Donor,
Books remain a mainstay of the West Lafayette Library yet our Library fosters creativity and intellectual curiosity in many other ways too. Our Library features performers and artists, works with community organizations and hosts local film series and lectures to expand our community’s love of reading and inquiry the year ‘round.
Here’s how our Library Foundation has supported these salutary efforts since we wrote to you in 2012…..
- The West Lafayette Public Library Foundation has donated nearly $16,000 in vital matching funds for the Library’s grant initiatives and to help the Library expand its book, audio, visual, and online collections
- Joined with the Tippecanoe Arts Federation in funding Family Fun Day to welcome over 400 children, teens and adults to our Library this Fall
- Funded new library collection initiatives including FREEGAL - music downloads from your Library and expanded eBook access – our eBook circulation is now averaging 600 checkouts each month
- Helped fund the Library’s membership with Evergreen Indiana, bringing in thousands of books for our library’s readers – of ALL ages - from Evergreen Indiana’s one hundred + member libraries
- Continued our Foundation’s informative series of conversations with our friends and supporters
- Continued to build an endowment of $1 million. The WL Library Foundation invests over $525,000 annually
To celebrate our 90th birthday, we’re asking you to invest in our Library’s summer author visits initiative– a multi-day series of programs to spark reading, curiosity and life-long learning among community youth. Through this effort, we hope to secure the funds to provide services for the next 90 years and beyond.
Your support for any of our Library Foundation Funds is appreciated and welcome! Your donation will continue to be invested with the donations of others to make a real difference in our community library’s growth.
Nancy Dunn, President Nick Schenkel, Treasurer
West Lafayette Public Library Foundation Board Members
Nancy Dunn, President Nick Schenkel, Treasurer Board Members: Mark Davis Tetia Lee Michael Logan Jill May Michael Oxenrider
Donations to the West Lafayette Public Library Foundation are tax deductible under IRS ruling 501(c)3