Wireless access to the Internet is available to our patrons. The network’s name is WL-Library. It is an open network, and as such there is no security for your computer. You are responsible for the security of your own machine.
Interested in your safety? Read the tips below.
Information on Wi-Fi and Guest Printing
Top 10 Security Tips for Public Hotspots (from /www.jiwire.com)
- Make sure you're connected to a legitimate access point.
- Encrypt files before transferring or emailing them.
- Use a virtual private network (VPN).
- Use a personal firewall.
- Use anti-virus software.
- Update your operating system regularly.
- Be aware of people around you.
- Use Web-based email that employs secure http (https).
- Turn off file sharing.
- Password-protect your computer and important files.