There will be a Community Input Meeting Thursday, March 26 at 6:30 pm in the Elm & Walnut Rooms of the Library.
If you cannot attend the meeting, please feel free to send your comments Here
VIEW THE PLANS HERE
Notes regarding these (preliminary) floor plans:
- Children’s Room moves to West part of the Library
- YA/Teen room moves to first floor from 2nd floor
- “Creative Space” is a new public space that could include a maker space along with other equipment and resources for STEM and STEAM programs
- “Living Room” possibilities include: The Library’s new books/new DVDs/new books on CDs/music CDs, Friends book sale area open all hours the Library is open, a business center with photocopier, faxing, work space, expanded seating area, and a place for book donations near the front doors
- Additional public meeting room is added
- “Sun Room” seating area is expanded into current teen room
- WL History area for public use which offers open shelf materials (stored materials are in the basement archival area).
3rd floor: Preliminary ideas at this time
- Friends of the Library area for public book sales and a book donation sorting space for both the Library and the Friends of the Library staff and volunteers
- West Lafayette archival area for proper archival storage of local history materials
- Continued storage area for “books in storage” and other Library storage needs
Note: All plans are initial drawings, not final