The Library site includes a parking garage to make parking and access easy for our patrons. Parking is free during your stay in the Library. Non-Library users receive a free hour and rates are $3.00/hr after that.
The West Lafayette Public Library is intended for the educational, recreation, and informational enjoyment of the West Lafayette community.
All residents of Tippecanoe County may receive a free West Lafayette Public Library card upon proper application and observance of the Library’s rules and policies. A maximum of 100 items may be checked out simultaneously on an Evergreen Indiana library card. Residents of other areas of Indiana are invited to use the Library and may apply for a West Lafayette Public Library card under certain circumstances. Please ask a staff member for more information.
These are the rules/expectations of persons visiting the West Lafayette Public Library:
- Library users are expected to maintain appropriate public behavior when on Library grounds.
- Conduct of any kind which disrupts the normal functioning of the Library will not be tolerated.
- Noise levels should be kept to a minimum while in the Library. Cell phones can be used only when they will not disrupt other patrons using the Library. Recommended areas for use are the Library’s meeting rooms (when not being used for meetings), and entry vestibules.
- Children should not be left unattended in the Library. A parent or guardian should be present to care for all children at all times.
- Solicitation for personal gain or for a charitable cause is prohibited. Posters for legitimate charitable causes may be posted if they are approved in advance by the Library Director.
- Smoking is not permitted in any area of the library.
- Loitering in the Library is prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed in the Library without prior approval by the library director. This does NOT apply to seeing eye and other service dogs.
- Personal cleanliness is expected of all users of the Library.
- Sleeping is not allowed in the Library.
- Patrons may not leave personal items unattended for extended periods of time.
- Rules for borrowing materials from the Library may be obtained at the circulation desk.
- The Library and staff are not responsible for personal items which are lost or damaged in the Library.
If you fail to abide by these rules you may be asked to leave the Library.
The Library has book drops where you can return checked-out items 24/7:
- WALK-UP on the East side of the Library building (on Chauncey Street)
- WALK-UP at Lincoln Park on Lincoln Street, just East of Robinson and Salisbury Streets
- WALK-UP at Lommel Park at the Wilshire Street entrance, near the corner of Wilshire and Sparta Streets
- DRIVE-UP in front of the Payless Supermarket on West Sagamore Parkway
- DRIVE-UP outside the Kurz Purdue Technology Center building in Research Park (Monday – Friday pick-up)
You can return any materials at any of these locations any time of the day or night.
Little Free Libraries
The West Lafayette Public Library is working with West Lafayette Parks and Recreation and with local neighborhood representatives to expand the Library’s Little Free Library network. The West Lafayette Library currently stewards Little Free Libraries at Lincoln and Lommel Parks. Suggestions for locations are welcome.
Please email library director with your comments and ideas.
Funded through a grant provided by North Central Health Services
Request for Reconsideration of Library Materials
The West Lafayette Public Library’s mission is to be our community’s center for lifelong learning, the collector of our community’s written and audio-visual heritage, and the gateway to resources within and beyond the Library’s walls. If you feel that a specific item within our collection does not meet our mission, you are invited to read more about requesting a reconsideration of library materials.